LIVING OPTIONS AT TE PUNA WAI:
A range of housing options are available in this Papakainga community: whether you're looking to buy your first home, downsize, invest in a home for your whanau, or need an affordable rental/kaumatua unit.
11 different types of whare are available (in varying layouts and looks) - from one-bedroom Kaumatua units through to three-bedroom standalone family homes.
Options for you to live at Te Puna Wai are:
- First Home Buyers: For First Home Buyer members of Taranaki Whānui descent to achieve home ownership. 5% deposit (KiwiSaver + HomeStart Grant can be used if eligible). Available on homes under $550,000.
- General: Your new home, upgrade or invest in your whanau.
- Rentals: For those wanting to live at Te Puna Wai, but not wanting home ownership. These social rentals are for those whanau on low incomes, including Kaumātua housing for 55 yrs+. Eligibility criteria applies.
- Shared Equity: The Trust has negotiated a Crown grant which will enable 15 whanau into shared equity homes. Eligibility Criteria applies.
Read more about what Te Puna Wai is all about here
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- All homes are offered exclusively to uri and discounted uri prices (which are well below market value).
- You must register for Te Puna Wai but it's a quick and easy process, start here.
- Multiple offers: If we get multiple offers on a home, an independent multi-offer ballot will be undertaken to decide the 'winner'.
- What's included: Read the Standard specifications list for Te Puna Wai Whare
- Interior choices: Four interior options are available to choose from.
- Not quite ready to purchase? Think you need a hand getting ready for home ownership? We've got financial literacy courses available. Register first.